CHECK YOUR SWIMMERS WITH THE YO HOME SPERM TEST
Test your sperm in the comfort of your phone, with the first FDA cleared Smartphone based solution for testing your MOTILE sperm.
The YO app is downloadable for free and guides you through the entire testing process with interactive step by step instructions reinforced with animations.
Humor and fun facts about sperm are presented in the YO SPERM TRIVIA CHALLENGE and a secure archive stores YO test results for future viewing.
Your package includes 2 tests!
TEST YOUR SPERM IN THE COMFORT OF YOUR PHONE
The YO HOME SPERM test (AKA: YO) is developed by the same team at Medical Electronic Systems that produces the automated line of Sperm Quality Analyzers (SQA’s) used in hospital labs, universities and IVF centers globally. With over 20 years of expertise developing automated sperm analyzers, MES successfully faced the challenge of merging company knowhow with Smartphone technology to produce YO, the first Smartphone based, FDA cleared home sperm test that allows you to test motile sperm concentration (the number of moving sperm) on your phone, view and store a live video of your sperm and receive an automatic test result in under 3 minutes.
YO was four years in development and extensively tested. YO’s consistent performance of >97% accuracy insures a reliable and dependable test result. Two tests per kit provides you with a cost-effective opportunity to re-test your motile sperm count a second time to confirm your results.
The YO app is downloadable for free and guides you through the entire testing process with interactive step by step instructions reinforced with animations. Humor and fun facts about sperm are presented in the YO SPERM TRIVIA CHALLENGE and a secure archive stores YO test results for future viewing.
YO HOME SPERM Test technology brings an embarrassing and worrisome test to the privacy of your own phone.
1. ALL ABOUT SPERM
Would you like to learn more about your sperm? YO can show you a live video of your own sperm and provide you with interesting fun sperm facts, courtesy of the YO SPERM TRIVIA CHALLENGE in the YO app.
In addition, read some interesting articles about sperm based on the topic of your choice below.
YO SPERM TEST VS. OTHER KITS ON THE MARKET
HOME SPERM TEST
|TEST MOVING SPERM (MSC)|
|SMARTPHONE TESTING PLATFORM|
|MULTIPLE TESTS PER KIT|
|SPERM TRIVIA CHALLENGE|
|INTERACTIVE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS|
What is the relationship between sperm and fertility? If a couple does not conceive a child during normal intercourse after one year of unprotected sex a medical fertility work-up should be considered by the couple. Male infertility ( male factor infertility ) is the cause for up to 30%-50% of all infertility cases. However, having a baby is possible even with a low sperm count and/or low motility (movement of the sperm). There are also many medical options for achieving a pregnancy – this all begins with a semen analysis and fertility work-up.
Fertility issues have become easier to deal with since the emergence of at home male fertility tests. As a result of this new trend, couples can obtain rapid, accurate results in the privacy and familiar surroundings of their own home.
- No awkward or embarrassing moments
- Couples can be relaxed and comfortable
- No external pressure to produce a sample in a given timeframe
- Can indicate if there is a sperm issue so the decision to see a doctor for more involved testing is clear
By taking a private test at home, men can obtain an initial ‘read’ of their sperm and can then decide what their course of action will be.
SPERM PERFORMANCE FACTS
We don’t talk about sperm much in everyday life yet sperm production is going on continuously in a man’s life from puberty to old age.
Did you know?
- The highest concentration of sperm is contained in the first moment of ejaculation.
- You can’t ‘get in shape’ with your fertility by ‘working out’. Having a lot of sex or masturbating frequently won’t get you a gold medal at the sperm Olympics.
- Sperm have an enzyme in their heads that can melt the surface of a female egg so that the sperm can enter the egg and fertilize it.
- A sperm’s journey to reach an egg is only about 6 inches (15 centimeters) but it is treacherous. Millions of sperm start the journey but only one sperm makes it! See how many are lost in the process:
o Ejaculate: 200 million sperm → 2 million make it to the woman’s Cervix
o Cervix: 2 million → 1 million make it to the woman’s Uterus
o Uterus: 1 million → 10,000 make it to the top of the woman’s Uterus
o Top of the Uterus: 10,000 → 5,000 select the right path to the Fallopian tubes
o Fallopian tube junction: 5,000 → 1,000 make it to the Fallopian tube with the egg
o Fallopian tube: 1,000 → 200 make it to the woman’s Egg
o Egg: 200 → 1 sperm Fertilizes the egg
- Which is faster: an ejaculate or a sneeze? An ejaculate clocks in at around 31 mph which is approximately the same speed as a wart hog. However, a typical sneeze is around 100 mph – a little bit faster than a horsefly.
- How do sperm get their energy? They are constantly active, wiggling, whipping their tails, swimming all over the place. Their energy comes from fructose (sugar) in the seminal plasma and they get an extra ‘shot’ of energy from a woman’s progesterone if they make it all the way to the egg – boring a hole in the egg with their head takes TONS of energy.
TESTING FOR MALE FERTILITY
Testing can be done either at home using a sperm test kit or at the doctor’s office. Both have their own strengths and weaknesses. A trip to the doctor’s office can be both embarrassing and impersonal compared to the relative ease of testing your sperm at home.
Sperm Test Kit
PREPARING FOR HOME SPERM TESTING IN ADVANCE
Although not as thorough as going to the doctor’s office, there are several steps one can take to ensure the reliability and accuracy of their results. Follow these four steps to guarantee optimal sperm test results:
- Drink lots of water– dehydration can lead to a decrease in semen production
- Avoid heat– Testes are ~ 4 degrees cooler than the rest of the body so avoid heating them up – don’t take really hot baths/showers ,soak in the jacuzzi or hang out in the sauna. Limit or avoid putting your laptop on your lap.
- Eat healthier foods such as spinach and carrots both of which may increase semen quality
- Abstain from sexual activity for two to seven days before you take your test. Doing so will result in a higher volume of semen containing more sperm cells.
TRYING TO CONCEIVE
The gift of life – it’s so easy for some couples to give. For others, it’s years of hard work and managing disappointment. But when you finally hold your baby in your arms you realize two things: This miracle was worth the struggle and your baby has NO IDEA what you went through to call yourselves mom and dad.
FACTS FOR GETTING PREGNANT
Having trouble trying to conceive can be an extremely frustrating and stressful time for couples when it should be an enjoyable, memorable experience. Listed are some facts partners should take into account:
- It takes 72 days for a germ cell to become a mature sperm cell
- When trying to conceive, have sex at least once a week, and every one or two days during the woman’s fertile window
- Things such as the woman’s pH level can have an adverse effect on semen. The pH level can be altered however, using available, off the shelf, non- prescription washes.
The two main factors which affect a man’s ability to conceive are the quantity and the quality of his sperm. Quality is made up of several facets, which if abnormal, can be problematic to conception. When visiting a doctor He/She will want to test these three things, morphology, motility, and concentration.
|1. Morphology......||The shape of the sperm|
|2. Motility.............||The amount and quality of movement of sperm|
|3. Concentration..||The number of sperm cells in the ejaculate|
2. DOWNLOAD THE APP
- Only swimmers are counted
- PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL!!!
- Your Data Is Safe
- REPORTS RESULTS AUTOMATICALLY
- No interpretation required
VIEW YOUR SWIMMERS IN ACTION WHILE YO ANALYZES YOUR SPERM VIDEO